A couple of months off is all it takes.....

I take a couple of months off and I don't even make it into the top 50 survival blogs. Sheesh...everybody's a critic. Was it something I said? While I'm disappointed I can't really say that I'm surprised. It doesn't matter what you've done on the internet over the last few years. What matters is frequency and consistency. People care about what you did two seconds ago. Two weeks ago? That's REALLY old news. If you don't keep people interested then their attention is quickly diverted. I've started several posts in the last couple of months but I just never seem to get around to finishing them. Then when I get time to sit down and finish them off they already seem outdated or I'm just not that interested in the topic anymore. I think that the biggest downer is that I keep seeing a lot of what I've been talking about actually appearing in the mainstream media. Why bother repeating stuff?

It's not like everything is right there spelled out in a single article but I'm a big picture kind of guy. After I read the paper everything tends to come together. The individual stories don't really matter to me. It's amazing, though, how a snippet here pertains to a snippet there. Maybe I'm just a crazy busy body but I think I'd rather figure out what's going on for myself than have someone tell me what's going on.

Comments

Well I enjoy your blog and put you on my blogroll. I just figured that whole Real Life thingy was taking up your time or you needed a break.
Ryan said…
If it makes you feel better I still check pretty regularly for updates.
Phil said…
Believe me, after five years of blogging, I hear ya.
It's more about quantity than quality.

It kills me when I go to a blog and I see "Open Thread".

WTF is that supposed to mean? If ya got 'em smoke 'em?
People just decide they have too much friggin' time on their hands and decide they need to argue about some crap no one else gives a shit about?

Content does matter.

Glad to see you back in the saddle per se.
Looking forward to the next installment.

Busted
Ranger Man said…
I am still here, too. Send me an email if you want to exchange blog links. I don't care if you only update once in a while. Life happens.
Dustin Tarditi said…
Glad to have you back - disregard that list, though - many of the ones listed don't update at all or provide information generously borrowed from other sources.
I actually meant to link it but the link isn't coming up for some reason. Oh well. I'm sure that pretty much everyone has seen it.
MikeB said…
I stayed with you, top 50 or not, I will keep reading.
Anonymous said…
Definitely keep at it, you've got an interesting perspective that isn't often covered in the survival blogosphere.
Anonymous said…
I didn't know you had a blog. I purchased 3 copies of your book. I keep one for me and loan two out to the people who see me live like I do and think I'm crazy. None of my friends think we have EOTWAWKI in our lifetime. Last year my street was 4 days without power after a snowstorm in Dallas and even then, I couldn't get my multicultural street to buy into the concept of prepping together for WTSHTF. I don't think this is something one can do alone, but I will continue to read and enjoy seeing that the concept of "life happens" doesn't just happen to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Some Self Defense Basics

Where to buy gold jewelry

So I started smoking again