The garden is starting up nicely

The arugula that I carried over from last year is doing OK. A few plants have sprouted. My other lettuces are doing well. The turnips are going nuts and I've got some beets and leeks starting nicely. What I thought was interesting were all of the plants from last year that started growing on their own this year. Apparently, some dill and kale got in the gravel and is growing really well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm going to let them go for a while until I feel like having a salad. One kale plant even popped up on the other side of my yard. I have no idea how it made it that far.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I threw another tire and some dirt on my potatoes. They're doing very very well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of my hops rhizomes is popping up. Hopefully, the other two will follow suit soon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The established plant from last year is going crazy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I haven't had a single sunchoke sprout yet. If they don't pop up soon I won't be expecting anything from them. I wouldn't be surprised if they show up from out of nowhere next year, though. I lost over half of my seedlings today. I had them on the balcony and didn't realize how windy it was until I went outside and saw most of them on the patio underneath. A few survived. Tomorrow the rest of the seed gets planted and I'll start planting my three sisters garden.

Comments

FireSteel.com said…
My favorite plants are those that do well on their own with little or no tending. Like the chives that proliferate in my garden, and even the sunflowers that squirrels plant when the they find the seeds at the base of bird feeder.
Cygnus MacLlyr said…
Sorry to hear about the seedlings, but nice to see everything else is gearing up nicely. Love the hops HA!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Some Self Defense Basics

Where to buy gold jewelry

So I started smoking again