I've been a little busy

There's a ton of stuff going on in the news. The Copenhagen summit was a flop. The world is freezing. A Republican might actually win the Senate race in MA (I'm crossing my fingers but I'm not holding my breath). Haiti was decimated by an earthquake. Obamacare is in danger. Every time I turn around there's something that's got my attention. I just haven't had time to comment on anything here.

As for me, I didn't keep last year's new year's resolution. I dunno if it'll happen this year, either. I just can't bring myself to commit to the "junk land and travel trailer" plan. I'm leaning more towards the "buy a plot of land that I'll actually use and build a small but nice weekend cabin on it" plan. Unfortunately, a decent plot of land costs serious money and I refuse to go into debt to fund a retreat. The wife isn't too keen on the idea of dropping everything and moving to the boonies, either. My first kid is due in a month or so which has also set things back. I'm still prepping, though. I'm just doing it as quietly and inconspicuously as I can. I'll just keep playing the grey man.

As for this year's resolution, I haven't really thought about it. I haven't had a cigarette or the desire for one in months. Every time I catch myself gaining weight I always manage to drop it again. I already have plans to pay down debt which is working out pretty well. I've decided to skip the resolution this year. They're pointless. I'm already doing most of the things that I need to be doing and any resolution that I make will just get in the way of accomplishing other goals.

If you haven't had a chance to visit Our Happy Homestead I urge you to check them out. They always seem to be adding more products. I noticed that they recently added the Back to Basics Grain Mill to their lineup. From what I've read this is the best mill for the money if you're looking to spend less than $100. I've been meaning to get one but the local sources that I know of have been sold out every time I try to pick one up. I have had the chance to demo one, though, and I can honestly say that there's a big difference between these and the cheap cast iron mills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Self Defense Basics

Where to buy gold jewelry

So I started smoking again